Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OK, so I cheated.....

I have to admit it, dear readers – I cheated on my diet last night just a wee, tiny bit.  I went over my net calorie allowance by a couple of hundred calories yesterday due to an inexplicable craving for Greek food.  I was feeling too lazy to cook, thanks to my experience with Miss Perky Witch on the TV fitness channel.  I decided to check out a new restaurant called The Greek Taverna, a very small Mom and Pop type of establishment, with a limited, but very authentic menu.  Besides, the Mediterranean diet is supposed to be healthy, right? I splurged on the moussaka and a small Greek salad and came home feeling comfortably satiated.  And for the record, moussaka, is probably not the healthiest thing on the menu….

Today was supposed to be my exercise-free day.  My goal was to work out five times a week and I had already hit workout number four with the aerobics instructor who shall remain nameless (Evil Witch) on the fitness channel yesterday.  Today was going to be my day off!  Still, just knowing that I had cheated on my diet yesterday, I found myself arguing with my old friend Agnes, the nagging voice in my head who can lay on a guilt trip that would make any Jewish mother proud.  I just can’t ignore her when she starts yammering at me, so I went straight to the pool when I finished working for the day.  Thirty minutes of lap swimming later, I feel justified in eating that moussaka .  I can also barely lift my arms to type this blog, so I’m thinking that swimming might be another tool to keep me from overeating.  If my arms are too tired to lift a fork to my mouth………..

No comments:

Post a Comment