Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting Back On Track

Let’s get one thing straight here - I have not gotten off track with my exercise.  My diet, yes, but my exercise goals – no,  a resounding no!  I have exercised 5-6 times a week since I began this quest towards fitness. Yesterday, I vowed to put last weekend’s eating indiscretions behind me and move forward.  I stuck to my diet all day and walked three and half miles in one hour.  Today, I am still on track with my diet and did fifty minutes on the elliptical on my lunch break.  I am eating fresh fruits, raw veggies, fat free cottage cheese and drinking plenty of water.   Sadly, I fear that it is going to take all week to undo the damage of one day of bad eating.  I really did eat healthy foods on Saturday.  Only on Sunday did I fall of the diet wagon and I didn’t even fall all that far off, maybe just dangled off the wagon by a short rope.  It is maddening that one day can undo half of three week’s worth of hard work. 

I fear that I may never get my waist back or lose that ridiculously thick neck, but most of all I want my face back.  I don’t recognize myself when I look in the mirror – it is a stranger’s face that gazes back at me.  I feel like a victim of The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.  Only in this movie, the Pod People aren’t exact replicas of the people that they replaced, but older, squishier versions.  One of the first places I put on weight is in my face and neck and yet it seems to be the very last place that I lose weight.  It’s just not fair!!  OK, I need a little cheese with that whine, don’t I?    

But, I will soldier on.  Why, you may ask?  Because I can feel an actual increase in my stamina and strength and I know that I have been doing my heart a service, getting in all of that aerobic exercise.  Getting healthier is my main goal and if it means that I will be healthy, but not thin, so be it.  I guess I can live with that.  But I sure would like to get some semblance of my waistline and my face back.  Just a tiny bit, pretty please?     

No comments:

Post a Comment