Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Making Friends

Perhaps I have been quick to judge.  I have been calling my elliptical trainer an evil entity and accused it of variously smirking or sneering at me.  Could I have been wrong?  Maybe I mistook an inviting smile for a smirk and come hither look for a sneer.  I think that maybe, just maybe, my elliptical trainer wants to be friends with me.  I think that it may just be trying to tell that it is my best option for a fat burning workout.  Maybe it’s lonely.  I’m not sure which, but two workouts in a row on the elliptical have rewarded me with a small weight loss when I had hit a little plateau.  Perhaps that was a peace offering to entice me be friends and visit my new friend every day.  So I got in a forty-five minute workout on my lunch break again today and I was actually smiling as I wiped the sweat out of my eyes.  My thighs were quivering ever so slightly less than the day before at the end of the workout.  I hope the peace offering wasn’t just a tease, because I think that maybe I might extend an olive branch and become friends with my elliptical trainer.  My daughter and my niece tell that I should become friends and embrace my elliptical trainer as my new BFF.   We shall see, but I’m still not loaning it my favorite earrings or anything like that……

No comments:

Post a Comment