Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Round Numbers and Other Milestones

I promised in my last post that I would keep my loyal readers updated as I reach any milestones, big or small. Well, this weekend I reached a sort of milestone. My weight loss reached a nice, round number and is almost to the halfway point of my weight loss goal. Close enough for government work anyway. I made this happy discovery Sunday morning and I really wanted to blog about it (OK - maybe I wanted to BRAG about it) but there was just too much going on that day. I had family time with kids and grandkids and then there was this little football game thingy going on Sunday night - a much anticipated football game, I might add. So I didn't get around to it. And on a side note to certain haters out there (ahem Kevin Ross) while my magnificent Chiefs may have lost to the the Broncos - their first loss of the season AND they are the ONLY 9-1 team out there, they played a very respectable game, thank you very much. They held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to the LOWEST score of their season. Take that haters!

ANYWHO.....I made my very happy discovery Sunday morning, which was the morning after attending a family baby shower with the cutest monster theme, where I steadfastly resisted an adorable cake and equally adorable monster sandwiches. I snacked on a handful of mixed nuts and maybe two tablespoonfuls of Chex Mix and I was OK with that. Really! I was! Because I am saving up the majority of my cheating for that big day next week where I will allow myself to indulge in mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and apple pie and I will do it all guilt free. My portions will be small, and really not due to some super willpower, but mainly because my stomach has shrunken to some ridiculously small size that I can't even imagine what to compare it to. I just know that I get full pretty quickly and I have finally learned to stop eating when I am full, regardless of how tasty the food may be. That has really been the hardest thing to learn. Ever. That may be my real super-duper willpower and I hope I can keep that up for the rest of my life.

So, the big milestone is that I am 40 pounds down! FORTY. POUNDS. I am still just a little bit in shock that I pulled this off in just three and half months, and all without an expensive meal plan or a personal trainer. And although all of the amazing health benefits that I have derived from this weight loss are undeniable, I'm not gonna lie - the best part of this is completely vanity related. So sue me. I am just sooooo happy to have my face back. I look like ME again! And then there is the whole clothes thing. I went shopping with my daughter last night and bought a cute top and a cami to wear layered under it and I was shopping in the very same store and very same size section as my skinny-minny 26 year old daughter! Seriously! How cool is that? For me - very cool. Awesomely cool. As I said before in a previous post, I have totally HATED shopping in the plus size department for all of these years, so this is just huge for me. And getting expensive. I really need to cool it, because I am more than confident that in a month or two I will just have to go out and buy more cute clothes in even smaller sizes, but I felt that 40 pounds deserved a reward, so I rewarded myself at Maurices. Beats the heck out of rewarding myself with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment